The American Academy (Private) School of Limassol is a multicultural community which provide quality education in a caring environment for children in Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary levels all the way to university entrance, from Cyprus and the whole world.
We offer a well balanced education based on the English National Curriculum modified to accommodate the needs of international students and are committed to encouraging the development of the full potential and personality of our students.
We provide a supportive environment which recognises each individual’s talents, encourages students’ aspirations and creates opportunities for them to acquire knowledge, skills and qualifications and to develop the personal qualities needed for life and work.
We recognise the importance of each individual and his or her relationship with others and are committed to promoting international understanding and responsible citizenship in a multicultural context.
- We believe that we should inspire all students to achieve their full potential.
- We believe that successful students are able to challenge themselves in and out of school, therefore becoming lifelong learners and effective problem solvers.
- We believe that all American Academy students will acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to become lifelong learners and productive members of society.
- We believe that we should instil in our students the values of courtesy, respect, appreciation, tolerance and determination to succeed.
- We believe that we should teach young people to love learning, value knowledge and to develop responsibility and character, by providing a constant level of high expectations
- We believe that the curriculum should be motivating, stimulating, enjoyable, and relevant and offer opportunities for academic, personal, social and spiritual development.
- We believe that a good school is one that educates students for a successful life in both the academic arena and real life situations by communicating effectively, respecting individual differences and setting high standards for students, staff and administrators.
- We believe that an effective classroom is one in which students enjoy working both individually and co-operatively using a variety of learning styles.