“OUR SCHOOL IS ONE OF THE OLDEST EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENTS IN CYPRUS”
- In 1986 the American Academy opened its doors in 24 Despina Pattichi Street Limassol to both primary and secondary school pupils with an initial enrolment of 50 pupils.
- By 1990 the primary school moved to its current location 7 Lefkas street to fit the growing number of enrolments for both schools.
- In the year 2000, the school management was busy opening its first Nursery and Reception classes, creating boarding facilities to cater to international students as well as expanded its educational influence by creating an Educational Learning Centre to assist students with extra lessons and top-up subjects as well as dealing with students which have learning difficulties such as Dyslexia.
- In 2001 recognizing the demand for Private Greek education, the American Academy in Limassol started a Greek secondary school.
- In 2006 – 2008 an additional floor was built in the Limassol Secondary school to satisfy increase in demand for students. By 2008 a new Nursery was established in Limassol.
- 2010 A management agreement was signed with Tanafoua Group of Companies for the establishment and operation of a series of schools in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- 2011 Accredited by City and Guilds to become an on-line English Examination Centre
- 2013 Negotiations are under way to move into Tertiary education by offering first year pathway courses