The American Academy Limassol officially announces the establishment of an athletic school, which will run from September 2016.
This innovative program is designed in collaboration with experienced academics and sport specialists.
The main aims are as follows:
- To assist students in optimize the “healthy mind in healthy body” philosophy.
- To combine the prospects for achieving academic and athletic ambitions for each individual student.
- To develop the potential of talent utilisation, fair play and teamwork.
- To help children be able to take quick and right decisions, taking into account their future plans.
To achieve the above objectives, we designed and diversify our curriculum, to meet, to be effective, but also functional.
- During first two school periods students will have the opportunity to train in sports facilities and if possible with their coaches, depending on the sport that interests them.
- The school will offer free breakfast prepared by a nutrition specialist
- Students will participate in the school’s academic program until 13:50.
- Students will be offered lunch option.
- The academic studies will be completed during two afternoon periods, on a daily basis. (Completion of the curriculum, individual assistance, lessons for External Exams and the Pancyprian exams).
- Students will be able to prepare the External Examinations at GCE and A Level, if they so wish. This will be additional to their School Leaving Certificate, recognized by the Ministry of Education and all international Universities.